Thursday, December 13, 2012

I don't feel like working out today!


"Eighty percent of success is showing up." - Woody Allen




When I was younger, I made the mistake of staying up too late on Sunday nights. Boy would I suffer on Monday mornings! Feeling tired and groggy throughout the day is the worst way to start off your week. 
 
Even at the age 30, I still make that mistake once in a while! My wife and I stayed out too late at a friend's house this past Sunday night and we cursed Monday the next day! The last thing I wanted to do was work out. I got tired just thinking of the idea, but I wanted to start off the week on the right track. So I slowly went to the gym (like literally slowly)! Yes I was tired, but I inadvertently had a great work out! I did my exercises at a slower and more controlled pace, I lowered the amount of weight I lifted, thus concentrating on all my reps while breathing at a steady pace. I left the gym feeling great due to getting an adrenaline rush, and I was instantaneously re-energized...until that night when my face hit the pillow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment